tomtomHOME not working

Ok, I have had my tomtom one (3rd edition), for quite some time and the computer I had installed home on crashed. I dug out an older laptop I had and tried to install home onto it but it isn't working right. I have tried to download it off the tomtom website and also off the device itself. Once I save it to my computer I can't open it. It will ask if I want to run the file etc and I'll click yes and the hourglass will come up for a couple seconds and then nothing happens. Or if I plug in my tomtom it will ask if I want to connect and I'll click yes and the tomtom goes to the normal connected screen but nothing is showing up on my computer. I'm also running windows xp. Any help will be extremely appreciated!

Does your computer have Microsoft Net Framework 2.5 or higher installed? Need it for Home to work.

Go into Control Panel, Add/remove Programs and see if it is listed. If not, you can get it here.

Also do this:
Start-->Run-->sevices.msc and scroll down. Do you see TomTomHome Service listed and running? Needs to be. If not there, uninstall Home and try to reinstall.

Ask a Question