TomTom via 1405tm - drumrolls and legal screens on startup

It seems like every time I turn this unit on it skips the Legal Notice screen and goes to the screen with the car. But other times it starts up with the drumroll sound and has the Legal Notice screen. Is there a way to get the right start up back like deleting a file because it seems like the soft reset happens everytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
The model will always show the Legal notice after a drum reset. If you've updated something using MyTomTom and disconnect the unit, chances are that you will see the legal notice.

Normal on/off/on activities shouldn't result in the legal notice being seen.

So it is normal when I start the unit to have the drumroll. Because normally when I push the power button it takes a few minutes for the unit to turn on and get the drumroll . Or is their suppose to be a delay when pushing the power button and the unit turning on.

No, it should normally turn on when holding the button for no more than a few seconds, maybe four or five at most.

Does the battery charge when the unit is off or does it need to be left on to charge? Also how long should you charge it.

No, you can charge the unit with it turned off. Usually, a good couple of hours connected to the computer.

So it is normal when I start the unit to have the drumroll. Because normally when I push the power button it takes a few minutes for the unit to turn on and get the drumroll .

No, it should normally turn on when holding the button for no more than a few seconds, maybe four or five at most.

... and there should be no drumroll for a normal switch-on.

If you hear a drum-roll, it has done a full re-boot.

Ask a Question