TomTom Update Map Service not recognized by home/my tomtom one xl

A couple of months back I bought the TomTom Update Map Service along with the latest map for my one xl.

My tomtom home program/account whatever does not recognize that I have this service and constantly asks me if I want to buy it.

How the heck do I fix this?

The problem persists even through building a new computer and installing home on it as well.

Any help would be appreciated, as it's quite frustrating to have shelled out all that cash only to have it not work.

Everybody still sees that stupid message. You should have gotten a confirmation email when you first subscribed. Just hold on to it, just in case, when the next map is available.

I'm in the same boat. I've checked and a new map is available, but my TomTom ONE-S and Home is not recognizing the fact that I paid for the update service. It keeps telling me that I should purchased the update service since new maps are available. How the heck are you supposed to get your updated map?????

Have you tried for the map using Update my unit in Home?

If so and the newest is not offered, then call support at 866-486-6866. When you bought into the subscription series, you should have received a confirming email from TT with a reference number. Have that handy when you call, don't email, support.

Was just coming to post this same thing. Wish they had offered the upgrade service when I got the new map less then a year ago.

I can't imagine HOW MANY complaints TomTom has received about this issue, and still have done nothing about it. It can't be that hard to fix this, can it? Or are they just not caring and taking their sweet time?

It's a little more than just being annoyed at a small message, but I'm sure this has led some people to double purchase a subscription. I know that when I purchased my subscription, I saw the message again thinking I did something wrong which is why I was getting the message again. If you click on the message even after purchasing, the checkout process does not stop you anywhere stating "you already have this subscription." It will gladly accept your credit card number. Don't ask how I know this.. :eek:

Ask a Question