Tomtom + Tyre

TomTom Model(s)
Mazda NB1
Have TT Mazda NB1 and I want to plan an itinerary with 48 waypoints.
I have used Tyre to construct the route.
My problems are:-
a) how do i access the itinerary on my NB1.and start it
b) I cannot find any way to do this in car either.

Hello Wall and welcome to TTF!

A starting point - have you read the manual for the NB1?
http://download.tomtom.com/open/man...g_started/refman/Mazda-NB1-6G-Guide-en-gb.pdf

Although I do not have a Mazda with installed TomTom, I am pretty sure you would need to remove the TomTom's Memory Card and insert it into a home computer (see manual).

Before doing any further work, be sure to make a backup of the memory card which contains the all-important TomTom navigation map - copy/paste the entire contents of that card onto a folder on your computer.

Transfer the TYRE route from your computer onto the memory card, then re-insert the memory card onto the TomTom

If you need more detailed instructions on any of these general procedures be sure to ask!

Sorry,I have done all that i.e. removed the SD card and transfered it to my PC and backed it up.Do I just transfer the route from tyre as a Tyre itinery file, .trf
onto the card and run it? I cannot manage some of the facilities of the NB1 from a computer, so therefore can't set the preferences until it is back in the car.

You should save those TYRE-generated files as .itn files, not .trf files.
Copy the .itn file into your TomTom's itn folder. Your TomTom should recognize it when you navigate through the screens to Load Itinerary.

Hi alfie67,
Have had some confusing advice from Tyre and cannot conver the files to OV2 (apparently the NAV3 type devices dont support itn files and need to be converted)
Would try your method but I dont seem to have "Load Itinerary " screen . Any idea?

Unfortunately without the Itinerary function, what you want to do won't be possible - sorry! What threw me was your use of TomTom Home, vs My TomTom which is used with newer units.

On TT home I cannot/have not got "Load Itinerary" function. The Mazda NB1 unit is a NAV3 device and is only 3 months old, Can't understand it.
Any idea anyone?

Ask a Question