tomtom traffic receiver

TomTom Model(s)
XL335s
When is Tomtom going to release the new traffic reciever. I have been waiting for a long time. The new one looks like a usb cable with antenna and charging plug all in one unit. I even called there tech support and they don't know if it's available.

It already comes with newer models having the 'T' option. It is not compatible with older models still using Navcore 8x.

Keep your eye on this forum, and on Tomtom's website here.

My guess is that it's coming soon, given that almost every app 9.x model has been upgraded to app 9.053 a few days ago.

9.05x was pre-installed on all the TM models that had the receiver, and users have posted that the receiver doesn't work if they downgraded to earlier apps. So it's probably a prerequisitse to have that app version.

Interesting question.

I think they would have to replace the charger/antenna. After all, as you point out, you won't get rds-tmc traffic without it.

That said, best to handle the charger with care. What TT should do in theory and what they DO do in reality are often two different things ....................:(

Yeah! :( Thanks for the response, dhn. It appears that it is available in the UK but not here in the U.S. or Canada. I'm just wondering why they don't sell it here and also if they do intend to make it available here at some point in the future. I have mine semi-permanently installed in my pickup truck and would like to have an additional charger /receiver for our other vehicle.

Ask a Question