tomtom software sucks

ever since i upgraded to the new navcore, every time i plug in my tomtom it asks me to restart my tomtom because a new application has been installed. Also, when i upgraded home to the new version, operate my go does not work anymore...also the map store in the software does not have any maps available for me to purchase...anyone else having these problems?

ever since i upgraded to the new navcore, every time i plug in my tomtom it asks me to restart my tomtom because a new application has been installed. Also, when i upgraded home to the new version, operate my go does not work anymore...also the map store in the software does not have any maps available for me to purchase...anyone else having these problems?

Try a pin reset and see if that helps. If not, you could try to uninstall and re-install the firmware. You don't say if you are using a PC or Mac but the emulator (Operate My Go) did not work with earlier firmware versions. For a PC, you should be advised you need to dl a file to make this function work. Were you not given that notification?

Yeah, the map store is crap.

TomTom software glich

I keep calling tech support about the loss function of "operate my go" on the PC (XP). They keep telling me it is not the GO's error, it is in the software on the PC and the next software update will fix that. That was 3 updates ago.
Does anyone know what file needs to be deleted to make that function work again? Tech support blames the software developer for the problem and the develop is nowhere to be found by the end user (me).
I use Garmin in my cell phone and have made the comment to tech support that the next GPS won't be TomTom if this is the kind of continuing problems I have with their support.
They didn't like that comment.

I have XP, Home 2.40 and the emulator works ok here:

In Home's Help Menu-->System Information, there is a line about 8 or 9 down that says:
Installed add-ons = Map status indicator 1.5, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0, Emulator 7.221.8572.3, Emulator 7.481.9086.1, Emulator 8.010.9369.1

What does yours say?

I keep calling tech support about the loss function of "operate my go" on the PC (XP). They keep telling me it is not the GO's error, it is in the software on the PC and the next software update will fix that. That was 3 updates ago.
Does anyone know what file needs to be deleted to make that function work again? Tech support blames the software developer for the problem and the develop is nowhere to be found by the end user (me).
I use Garmin in my cell phone and have made the comment to tech support that the next GPS won't be TomTom if this is the kind of continuing problems I have with their support.
They didn't like that comment.
I am on 8.010 since early June. For a week before that, out of the box, I had 8.002. Also, I started with HOME 2.3.

You are saying that you were using a NavCore even earlier than that.

If you want help from the long term posters/moderators maybe it would be a good idea to be a little specific instead of just venting.

How about stating which model TomTom you use.
Which NavCore. Which map.

What does yours say?

Well, let's see if this "drive by poster" comes back to hear what he don't wanna hear.

There was an issue, but long since resolved. Don't anyone tell this Guy that everyone else has already figured it out. That he's actually the only TT user still baffled by a month old issue

ever since i upgraded to the new navcore, every time i plug in my tomtom it asks me to restart my tomtom because a new application has been installed. Also, when i upgraded home to the new version, operate my go does not work anymore...

I had the same problem. It was caused by the SD card. Try taking out the SD card before you reconnect your 720 to the PC.

I have XP, Home 2.40 and the emulator works ok here:

In Home's Help Menu-->System Information, there is a line about 8 or 9 down that says:
Installed add-ons = Map status indicator 1.5, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0, Emulator 7.221.8572.3, Emulator 7.481.9086.1, Emulator 8.010.9369.1

What does yours say?
Hi Dhn, I followed your directions on HOME and never did see an emulator. I don't understand why "operate my go" use to work just fine and then TT software guys stopped it. I just keep geting the same lame explanation from TT support. If your aware of fix for this problem I sure would appreciate your help.
CharlieS, GO720

Do you have this folder on your pc: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2?

If you do, do you see an Uninstall Home .exe ? If so, run it. Then in Control Panel, you should see under Add/Remove Programs a listing for TomTom home. Select to uninstall there, too.

Goto Tomtom.com and dl a new version of Home. See if that helps because you must have a corrupt file somewhere.

Don't understand. Home is the application that runs on the computer, not an sd card.

Don't understand. Home is the application that runs on the computer, not an sd card.

I don't understand either. Even though I sold my ONE XL and no longer have it, I still had a backup laying around and decided to load that backup onto my new 4gb SD card last night. I opened the Home software, and Home recognized me as having the XL plugged in, and "Operate my ONE XL" still works just fine, on just purely the SD card...

To me it seems like a computer/software issue of some sort.

I don't understand either. Even though I sold my ONE XL and no longer have it, I still had a backup laying around and decided to load that backup onto my new 4gb SD card last night. I opened the Home software, and Home recognized me as having the XL plugged in, and "Operate my ONE XL" still works just fine, on just purely the SD card...

To me it seems like a computer/software issue of some sort.

For Home, your SD card is just a removable drive with NavCore on it, the operating system of TT just the same as what internal memory presents itself when connected with the USB cable. I'm under the impression that if you removed NavCore from your SD card that Home would not start.

I like it that way as it allows me to update thru the card reader instead of the USB cable which is way faster and appreciated for doing any large file handling that often resulted in a corrupt FAT table under the USB cable.

For Home, your SD card is just a removable drive with NavCore on it, the operating system of TT just the same as what internal memory presents itself when connected with the USB cable. I'm under the impression that if you removed NavCore from your SD card that Home would not start.

I like it that way as it allows me to update thru the card reader instead of the USB cable which is way faster and appreciated for doing any large file handling that often resulted in a corrupt FAT table under the USB cable.

world of warcraft! uhh.. I mean wow! You're right. I moved the navcore files off of the SD card and Home did not attempt to update/download NavCore. Instead it just acted as if there was no device connected.

Reinstall of HOME 2 did not correct the problem

dhn, I followed your recommendation uninstalled and dl from TT web site. Whenever I download from the web I save the file to a folder. Just on a fluk I checked the properties on that .exe. MS and their ongoing attempt to make life with their OS as aggravating as possible stated they had blocked an unkown file(s) to protect my OS. I clicked on allow files, apply and ok. Hopping that was the problem, I went ahead and installed HOME 2.
Connected the 720 and still get the pop up that "Operate My Go" is not supported at this time. Any other suggestions?
Thanks

I suppose if you are comfortable fooling around with the Registry (I'm not), you can go in there and clean out any remnents of Home there after uninstalling again. Then try the re-install.

Do you have another computer you can install Home on?

I'm stumped. I'm sorry.

Ask a Question