TomTom rider 2 bike dock

Hi,

I am looking for a TOMTOM rider 2 bike dock can't seem to find one anywhere I would like to add it too my other bike.

I do see they have them on the UK site but not in the us

Thanks!

Try and post in the rider section & you might get some more hit's. Is your cradel giving you charging problems? Several people including myself have contacted Tom-Tom and to there credit they covered the replacement. "ONE MORE CHEER FOR TOM-TOM"

Pat

I found the same problem with TT Australia. The dock was not available for quite some time, however I see that it is again listed now. You could try eBay. They do come up there quite often.

PC

Good luck Goldie!

I tried to find one in NA and was unsuccessful. I was lucky in that my unit was still under warranty and they shipped me a new one from their US repair centre. You might give customer support a call and see what they can offer.

As a last resort I suggest you bite the bullet and order off the UK site. If they use standard post (Royal Mail) you will get it in just a few days if my experience is any indication.

Sorry for not reading so thoroughly.

The universal RAM mount for the RIDER is here. Tomtom also refers you to RAM's website here if you want different mounting solutions.

The RAM mount attaches to a RIDER Bike Dock. Tomtom says that the dock for the RIDER and RIDER2 are not compatible. No vendors on google shopping sell the RIDER2 version. Tomtom UK has it, maybe they'll ship.

It looks like 3rd party mounts are here, from ebay and mountguys.

Last edited:
Rider 2 Bike Dock

I find it outrageous that TomTom doesn't offer/sell accessory parts for the Rider 2 -- especially the bike dock which is required in order to run the unit off the motorcycle's battery. It's very difficult to find one of these dock units. Mine failed shortly after installing it on my bike. I've spent hours on the phone with TomTom to no avail. All they could do is refer me to RAM Mounts. I spoke with them and was told that they don't make the dock, just the bracket for attaching the dock to my handlebar -- that the dock is made by TomTom. The Ram representative told me she's received lots of calls looking for this dock unit and doesn't know why TomTom is making these referrals. She also seemed to indicate that this dock problem was somewhat chronic and was afraid that if I bought a used GPS simply to get the dock, that the dock would likely be a problem. Talk about running around in circles. After spending more than $600 for this unit, I can only run it for a about 2 hours on a house charge. It's infuriating that TomTom doesn't support their units with these accessories. Also, the booklet which comes with the GPS says that you can get the dock as an additional accessory --This is pure B.S. It isn't available from TomTom or anyone else. Neither are any of the other "accessories" described in the TomTom booklet. Due to this fault with TomTom -- I'd recommend everyone, worldwide, boycott TomTom.

A working dock for the TomTom 2 is nearly impossible to find unless one shows up on EBay. Why should we have to go to EBay and engage in a bidding war to obtain an accessory which should be readily available from Tomtom? I regret that I didn't purchase a different brand.

I am located in New Zealand and the Tomtom Rider isn't even sold here. I had to go to Australia to obtain my Rider. It worked faultlessly for several thousand miles, then the dock just died and wouldn't charge / power the unit at all. I was forced to send the dock back to Australia for repairs ... imagine how that felt. Virtually new Rider that I couldn't mount on my bike. In next to no time, Tomtom replaced the whole dock for me at no charge. I certainly can't complain about the service, however I never found out what the fault was with my original dock. By reading the postings on this site, it appears that the dock is giving Tomtom no end of problems. It may be that all the docks have been recalled and a modified dock produced ( I have no evidence of this, it is purely speculation based on my knowlege of the industry.) This may be why they are not available at present.
I know that I can purchase another dock from Tomtom in Australia from their website, but am unsure if what I suspect is wrong with the electronics inside has been rectified. I will just keep returning my dock if I have a repeat of my non charging problem and hope that they continue to honour their warrantee.
I know that it is no comfort to you, having spent not an insignificant sum on a product that appears to not have the back-up of accessories that you would expect (being that they advertise the availablility of them) but hopefully this will only be a temporary situation, and the dock will be back on the shelves soon.

PC

Hi,

I am looking for a TOMTOM rider 2 bike dock can't seem to find one anywhere I would like to add it too my other bike.

I do see they have them on the UK site but not in the us

Thanks!
at wunderlitchamerica.com cost 109.00 plus shipping located ca. has toll free number too also made out of aluminum

The wunderlichamerica dock appears to be a great innovation, however, it does not replace the Tomtom Rider dock. It is intended to hold the Tomtom dock and attach to their bracket system. I have copied the following from the wunderlichameica site:
Important Note: This part is NOT a replacement for the cradle that was originally supplied with the TomTom. It requires the original cradle to function as we intended.

PC

I'm more than a bit disappointed in all this mount business after going through the board this morning. I was quite happy with my Go 3rd Edit. and figured the Rider was as well thought out. Guess this is what I get for not researching first.

Yesterday I talked with TT support on the phone and emailed. Both avenues have given me the same responses as you all have received, links to plenty of vendors selling RAM mounts, but no one selling a dock. I think it's unacceptable that they are behaving in this manner. Has anyone contacted the US or Home office to complain about Tech Support's insistence on giving out incorrect information and the lack of units for sale?

I purchased mine used, and had no hesitations that I was going to have to purchase a dock, once I discovered it was the issue. And I would be glad to purchase one, it's still a bargain compared to what I would pay for a new system. The inability to buy a replacement on a unit that obviously fails regularly is baffling though.

Lastly, since I need to recharge on the road during an upcoming week long trip, is the backside of the auto dock, i.e. unscrew the suction cup to expose the same four bolt holes as the bike? Or is it completely different?

Perhaps I have been very lucky in that my dock has never failed, even after 75,000km of use on my VStrom.

On a rare occasion, it doesnt make full contact, and all I do is pull back on the spring loaded part and let it "snap" into place. I have always kept a light layer of dielectric grease on the contact areas.

You can tell if a positive connection has been made when slipping the device into the cradle a few of ways.

1. If you place the unit into the dock with the unit turned off, it should turn on by itself. If it doesnt, do as above.

2. If at any point while the bike is moving you can access all of the menu's (touch the screen), you know you are not connected, do as above.

3. If after some time in use, touch the satellite bar and see the battery symbol in the upper right corner.

This happens so rarely on mine that I have not been concerned.

If you suspect that your cradle is not working, I suggest cleaning the contact pads and pins, and applying a light layer of dielectric grease.

If you happen to have a dock that does not work for sure, I would be very interested in getting ahold of it and disassembling it for testing and perhaps come up with a repair for it. If anyone is interested in sending me their old one (probably wont get it back...), let me know and we can work something out. I would gladly pay for the shipping.

Cheers!

UK Site With Rider 2 Docks

I have spent the last week or so looking for a dock for my TomTom Rider 2 and eventually found this site in the UK. I placed my order this morning, so cant recommend them just yet, but it looks like a reasonable deal :)

https://www.buybits.com/product/sku_5436.aspx

I have checked with TomTom in Australia and the UK and they have both advised me that they do not sell the docks separately, and either dont have them listed on their websites, or have them listed as out of stock.

I have spent the last week or so looking for a dock for my TomTom Rider 2 and eventually found this site in the UK. I placed my order this morning, so cant recommend them just yet, but it looks like a reasonable deal :)

https://www.buybits.com/product/sku_5436.aspx

I have checked with TomTom in Australia and the UK and they have both advised me that they do not sell the docks separately, and either dont have them listed on their websites, or have them listed as out of stock.

I contacted Buybits yesterday and they have no estimate on delivery date for the mount. :(

Looks like the ebay link by dhn is the only way.

edit: just spoken with TomTom UK and their warehouse is saying stock of the mount should be available tomorrow (21 Apr). So within a few days, websites should be showing stock available on that item. I guess US sites should show availability even sooner.

Regards

Skids

Last edited:

Ask a Question