TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver

Hi,
I have just purchased a tomtom one and RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver. I love my tomtom but connecting the RDS receiver and power cable in the car is never easy and it looks a bit of a mess.

At the moment I am wondering if I can make a neater and easier to get at solution.

Currently I have put it in the bottom right hand corner of my windscreen - which isnt easy to do but its the best and least messy way of having it. I would really like to fit it to the middle of the dashboard.

Is it possible to have the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver NOT attached to the windscreen?

Sure, it's possible, but the reception may be significantly affected depending upon antenna placement.

Sure, it's possible, but the reception may be significantly affected depending upon antenna placement.

I guess the antenna is just a like a aerial right? Does anyone know if you can connect it to your aerial? You radio aerial picks up RDS. Right?

Your vehicle antenna will pick up RDS. Let us know how it goes if you connect your traffic receiver to your vehicle antenna.

Ask a Question