TomTom One - Waiting for Valid GPS Signal

I have been a TomTom One user since X-mas with no problems. This unit has such a strong receiver I've had a signal in my house, however, I noticed yesterday that I am suddenly in a "Waiting for valid GPS Signal" state.

I am on my satellite screen and I see the Yellow dot with maybe an hour glass in it moving. The satellites appear to be not catching as far as I can tell.

I have already done a reset factory defaults and I don't see any updates using the TomTom desktop manager. Maybe I am not sure how to get updates....it says GPS quickfix is on my device

The version is 8.014. Can anyone offer any other assistance?

Craig

Use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit. Now, go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\ and delete any sub folders found.

Connect to Home and you should get a new quickgps file. Download, install and see if the unit grabs a signal (unit should be in a stationary position in an open area)

OK, all this is done with exception to connecting to HOME...is this through the Desktop SW or something else I need to do?

Craig

OK - done

I now have the unit outside attempting to connect.

In the Satellite area it still says Poor GPS signal - Are you inside a building?

So I am not sure if it is going to work, but I will give it 15 minutes or so.

Craig

If no luck, try resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 10-15 seconds, until it reboots.

So far so good after doing the 10-15 second reset - to bad I had reset factory defaults prior to that.

Currently doing a restore, but that was done while I was having satellite issues, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for your help

Craig

Ask a Question