TomTom One V4 - Change Cursor?

Hello,

I have just purchased a new TomTom One V4 which is fantastic! I wondered if it possible to change the cursor on it, to a car rather than an arrow as my friend has done on his TomTom XL.
I have searched around but cant find anything on here that says whether you can on the TomTom One and how to do it?

Any help would be gr8 :)

I'm not sure your model has the change car icon feature.

Be aware that for those that can change the car icons, the cars are only seen in 3D view, not 2D view.

I'm not sure your model has the change car icon feature.

Be aware that for those that can change the car icons, the cars are only seen in 3D view, not 2D view.

Thank you for the reply. I have the new tomtom so would presume the latest software. I only tend to use 3D view so still would like it.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Well, having the latest firmware does NOT guarantee the same functionality that higher end models have.

In any event, for those models that CAN have the car icon changes:
Preferences--> Car Icon-->change icon.

You may want to look at the contents of your unit using Explorer. Look for an art folder and there may be a sub-folder called cars.

That's where the files depicting different cars resides.

Hello,

I have just purchased a new TomTom One V4 which is fantastic! I wondered if it possible to change the cursor on it, to a car rather than an arrow as my friend has done on his TomTom XL.
I have searched around but cant find anything on here that says whether you can on the TomTom One and how to do it?

Any help would be gr8 :)

I suspect that TomTom has not included this feature in their latest 'lower' models.

However, you can try the program in my following write-up. You cannot change the icon 'on-the=fly' with your TomTom itself, but you'll at least be able to change it to whatever icon you would like:
>>> Custom Car Icon <<<

Ask a Question