TomTom MapShare

Question....how the heck does the "MapShare" work.

I picked out a street that is typically missing from GPS devices, and yes it was incorrect on my new 720. I followed the directions and extended the street to its correct location, saved it....synch'd with my PC and then sent via MapShare.

1. When I look on my 720, the map is still unchaged, will the 720 use the information in its routing algorithm, even though the gui map is not updated ?

2. Why do I not receive any MapShare updates, even though I have checked all of the options for updates ? Its impossilble that in Metropolitan Washington DC, no one is posting updates

Anyway....if someone could explain this to...it would be appreciated, thanks.

if you are adding a street, you can not see the change on the map.
This change will only be seen in future map updates.

if you are adding a street, you can not see the change on the map.
This change will only be seen in future map updates.
LOL! Thanks to mahjohn for asking this question. Thanks to Pedro2NR for answering this. I swear, I thought I was playing hide-n-seek with my unit for a few hours now.. lol. Was trying to correct a frwy entrance. The entrance was on the left on the street instead of the right.

I just wished there was actually a dedicated user manual for the One LE. I have been told to use the 2nd Edition version, but that version doesn't have the extra features that One LE now has. Bummer.

Well perhaps not. How would the average user add a street to a map accurately. Perhaps if it was a simple cross street straight between two others, but for any street with any kind of curve or turn in it.....well what a nightmare that would turn out to be as far as accuracy for other users is concerned.

no flame intended, but I wouldn't want to download any streets added by the average GPS user. :)

Ask a Question