TomTom Home won't install...

I downloaded the latest TomTom Home. When I open the .exe file it ask me if I want to run the program.
When I say Run. Nothing happens. Any ideas.

I'm running Windows XP Home

Some security programs (like Cisco security agent) will block running of all exe's that are downloaded from the internet.

Copy the home install to a fat32 drive (like a sd card or thumb drive), and copy it back. Then try running it. The "downloaded from the internet" tag is in an extended NTFS-only attribute. It will be removed by copying to fat32.

TomTom Home on win 7

TomTom Home will not start, this is what it says

TomTom HOMERuntime.exe failed with error 1058

Whats this all about, ran great before, did not change anything on the computer

TomTom Home will not start, this is what it says

TomTom HOMERuntime.exe failed with error 1058

Whats this all about, ran great before, did not change anything on the computer
A bit of context may be necessary. With no idea what you're running, this turns into a bit of a 'shotgun' exercise. Sure this didn't start after the recent (relatively) update to Home 2.8?

Are you running a 64 bit Windows system? If so, try executing Home directly from the Start / All Programs area and not from a shortcut of any type before connecting your unit. If you don't see the failure during startup, go ahead and connect your unit and see what happens.

If you're running Vista, be sure you're running as administrator.

If on Vista or 7, try setting Compatibility Mode to XP SP3.

A bit of context may be necessary. With no idea what you're running, this turns into a bit of a 'shotgun' exercise. Sure this didn't start after the recent (relatively) update to Home 2.8?

Are you running a 64 bit Windows system? If so, try executing Home directly from the Start / All Programs area and not from a shortcut of any type before connecting your unit. If you don't see the failure during startup, go ahead and connect your unit and see what happens.

If you're running Vista, be sure you're running as administrator.

If on Vista or 7, try setting Compatibility Mode to XP SP3.
Thanks Canderson

changad the compatibility mode to XP SP3 and it works great.

tigger4725

EQUIPMENT: Dell Latitude laptop. P4, 1.5GB RAM, Windows XP Pro SP3

PROBLEM: Trying to install TomTom Home software.

SYMPTOMS: Download the software from the website using IE and FireFox. Double-click on the .EXE icon. Prompted if I want to run the program. Click the "Run" button. Installation immediately fails.

SOLUTION: Spoke with Tier II help desk at TomTom. Download and install the following from Microsoft's website:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

On May 1, 2012, this link worked:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=3387

Once this software is installed on your computer, the .EXE will run immediately and the software can be installed.

NOTES: If you have other versions of the software, this might not help (e.g. 2008 and/or 2010 redistributable). Other applications might be necessary to run the .EXE (e.g. .NET, Java, etc.)

Regards,

Paul

Welcome to TTF.

Yep, some users have been caught short not having the dot net framework installed.

The latest release of Home is perfectly happy with .NET 3.5 here, and (so far) I haven't run into any applications that are screaming for 4.0.

Ask a Question