TomTom Home - one Home two tomtoms

I have searched the forum with no luck..
I have (will have) 2 units and will be running one version of home.

I understand you need 2 email address and 2 accounts. (no Problem there)

My question is how do I keep the backups, screens, poi's separate on my computer.

Thanks for any replys

Gunthermoose

I have searched the forum with no luck..
I have (will have) 2 units and will be running one version of home.

I understand you need 2 email address and 2 accounts. (no Problem there)

My question is how do I keep the backups, screens, poi's separate on my computer.

Thanks for any replys

Gunthermoose

Can't you just set the back-up directories independantly?

Sort of a pain in the butt, but I would think you could easily make two of the directories and when backing up #1, select #1 directory, etc.

POIs are easy because they are mere files you load yourself and thus, you control what file gets loaded on what.

I don't know if Windows can do this or anything like it, but I can alias an application on the Mac and make the folder it hits be a link to different folders depending on what program asks... on second thought, that's a pain, too.

The bottom line is, you can do it, but I think it requires some manual attention to keep your backups separately located.

Now, if it matters, you can name each back up differently as well. That may be what you need instead?

Ask a Question