TomTom Home on multiple computers???

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I should be recieving my GO 920 today via UPS.

Can you put the Home software on multiple computers? I'd like to put it on my PC at home, and also on my PC at work. is there a limit as to how many machines you can put it on?

I understand that with TT's PDA versions, you could only put the software on 2 (I believe) PDAs, to prevent people from pirating the software without paying for it. After the second install, the software would not install anymore. So, If you broke or lost or even upgraded to a new PDA, You were stopped dead after the second install, and had to repurchase the software......

I should be recieving my GO 920 today via UPS.

Can you put the Home software on multiple computers? I'd like to put it on my PC at home, and also on my PC at work. is there a limit as to how many machines you can put it on?

I have my One 3rd Edition connected to both my home and work computers. Doesn't seem to have a problem.
Since the Home software is useless without the GPS, I don't think they'd bother protecting it. And don't see any reason why they'd care what computer or location you use to connect your device.

Yep, I've got HOME on three computers... my work laptop (a mac), my iMac at home, and my Dell laptop. No problems whatsoever!

Yesterday, I connected a friend's TomTom ONE to my work PC (which has Home installed for my own One) and it worked fine. The Home application doesn't seem to care what unit it's talking with. I imagine you might have an issue if you want to do a backup of a different GPS unit, since it might want to overwrite your own backup. But I'll leave that experiment to someone else..... :rolleyes:

Ask a Question