TomTom GO 720 & Treo Centro - TomTom Plus Services

I have searched but have not found an answer to this issue on the forum.

I am attempting to connect an AT&T Wireless Palm Centro to a TomTom GO 720 in order to use the TomTom Plus Services. Has ANYONE figured out a way to make this happen? The Palm Centro is not on the list of cell phones on the GO 720 when attempting to set up a Bluetooth wireless connection. Also, the Palm Centro will detect the GO 720 as a Bluetooth device, but won't allow it to be added to the Centro as a trusted device.

Anyone? Anything? A workaround that works?

did you ever get the centro and the 720 to work?
will it function as a speakerphone? how about the data?
will it pair using the palm 650/680 mode?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 720. I have a sprint centro.

This posting has the relevant information on how to get the Centro to interact with the 720:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4640&highlight=resco

I was able to use the Resco Explorer 14-day trial to install the hack on the ROM.

From there, I selected the Treo 650 from the 720 phone list when attempting to get the Centro Bluetooth to interact with the 720. Then for the wireless service choice, I selected Cincular Wireless media services even though I am on AT&T. When it asked for a password, I used "0000" (four zeroes).

The Bluetooth connection was successful, and the 720 is now listed as a trusted device on the Centro! TomTom PLUS services are now available!

Ask a Question