TomTom GO 720 review roundup

few questions for 720 owner.

1. does final designation finally including "LEFT" or "RIGHT"?
NOT just "reach the designation in 500 yard", but "reach the designation in 500 yard on LEFT/RIGHT."

2. how long does the battery last per single charge? (BT / Traffic OFF)

thanks,
________
Paxil lawsuit settlements

Last edited:
CAUTION: Both answers are secondhand (but accurate I believe)...

1. does final designation finally including "LEFT" or "RIGHT"?

NOT just "reach the designation in 500 yard", but "reach the designation in 500 yard on LEFT/RIGHT."

You will not get a voice command saying something like "Destination on the right", but the map will clearly show your destination on the left or right by an arrow, in plenty of time for you to know.

2. how long does the battery last per single charge? (BT / Traffic OFF)

A couple of testers have reported 4 1/2 hours. Happily, the 720 uses battery technology more advanced than any of its competitors I'm aware of.

Hope this helps!

You will not get a voice command saying something like "Destination on the right", but the map will clearly show your destination on the left or right by an arrow, in plenty of time for you to know.

So it is not like TT1 and Go510 w/ only checker flag in the middle of the road right? It actually show arrow pointing right and right?

A couple of testers have reported 4 1/2 hours. Happily, the 720 uses battery technology more advanced than any of its competitors I'm aware of.

This is great news!!!!!!!! After all, Nuvi 6xx last more than 4 hours and Nuvi 2xx last more than 5 hours w/ single charge consistantly.

If it indeed last more than 4 hr per charge, then I am coming back to Tomtom!!!
________
Web shows

Last edited:
Pls Help Or Am I Just Stupid

:confused: ok Just got the 720. Trying to make sure it can do everything it suppose to do and I relized that I do not have the speech recognition. Has any one else had this problem? On the Main Menu ....Navigate to...address... I do not have the spoken address option. Am I missing somethng?:confused:

:confused: ok Just got the 720. Trying to make sure it can do everything it suppose to do and I relized that I do not have the speech recognition. Has any one else had this problem? On the Main Menu ....Navigate to...address... I do not have the spoken address option. Am I missing somethng?:confused:

Apparently this option is only available on the European models.

So it is not like TT1 and Go510 w/ only checker flag in the middle of the road right? It actually show arrow pointing right and right?

My ONE shows an arrow (left or right). The checkered flag is only for POIs (if it doesn't list which side it is). For address location, it always shows the side.

:(

Aww... That explains why I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. :eek:

I don't know why they didn't include it because the hardware is the same. The answer is probably more complicated than we think but it kinda explains why it is much cheaper in North America than in Europe.

Ask a Question