Tomtom Go 720 Mx speed next to current speed

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I just purchased this unit 10 days ago and I am getting near the deadline to return the unit. In the screen for changing the "status bar" there is a box you can check so that current speed will be displayed next to max speed. This worked on my One XL-s, but I checked the box and my GO 720 doesn't display max speed. Does anybody elses? Is mine defective and should I exchange it? I have upgraded to version 8.something, but it still doen't show max speed or beep with a warning. Other than that I love this unit.

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited:
Does anybody elses? Is mine defective and should I exchange it? I have upgraded to version 8.something, but it still doen't show max speed or beep with a warning. Other than that I love this unit.
I have a GO 720 & that feature works for me. It's possible that the map in yours doesn't have the same speed limit data pre-loaded, as your old GPS did.

Try this:
1) make sure that both the Speed Limit & Max Limit Next To options are selected under Status Bar Prefs
2) manually set the speed limit on a section of street that you travel frequently--say somewhere in your neighborhood
3) operate your TomTom on that street & observe the status bar

Something else to try:
Attempt to change the speed limit on a road which your previous GPS displayed a Max Limit. The actual number-entry screen should display the road's current speed limit at the top (if it's been set). If it's blank, then there's no speed data for that road in your GO's map.

I've had to manually enter most of the roads in my area. The only one which came preloaded was the 65 mph bypass around a near-by city.

R?

Ask a Question