Tomtom go 400 won't turn on no charge

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom go 400
Hi need some help with my my tomtom go 400 2013
It was in my windscreen a few days ago and it fell off and ever since it won't turn on / charge
It would turn of but it's got to a stage were the battery is empty
I changed cables and charging plugs and still no luck
It's out of warranty so can't get it repaired
Any ideas?
Thanks alex

Last edited:
Just tried another cable and the tomtom turns on but it turns off after 2 min so the battery can't be charging but the battery was working fine and lasted for hours before it fell
Any ideas on how to fix this please

Perhaps the connection came loose during the fall. If you're not comfortable taking the device apart yourself, try googling 'satnav repair shops uk'

Perhaps the connection came loose during the fall. If you're not comfortable taking the device apart yourself, try googling 'satnav repair shops uk'
I have taken it apart and the port seems fine
The battery now gets a bit of charge but as soon as I disconnect it dies
Will use another cable tonight when a get home
This cable that's working is very very long so maybe it's taking a lot longer to charger will know for sure tonight

What about the cable that came with the device? That's the one that should be used.

What about the cable that came with the device? That's the one that should be used.
That's the one that was plugged in when the sat nav fell from the windscreen and now it doesn't charge the sat nav

I wonder if the uUSB connector in the unit itself was damaged. It's not the most robust connector, and it may either have been broken loose from the board, or the outside shell may have been bent enough to cause the connection to be too loose?

Ask a Question