TomTom Go 1000 - How to take it apart to replace battery.

When I replaced my battery I had to do a reset on the unit hold the power button down for about 20 seconds and see if that helps. Good luck

Thanks all, power there, sound ok but no display on screen is it to do with the PCB connection there is a photo of earlier and any tips on getting the connection right?

Hi all, I have a GO2050 which I think is a GO1005 and after replacing the battery have the same issue as KeithR unit powers up, I can hear the unit confirm the connection to my phone but the screen is dead? Anyone know the fix?

Assuming not much has changed over the years, the key will be to assure that the flex cable is properly seated in the flex connector and that the connector is properly latched. If it was not broken during the procedure, the connector latch should lay flat when closed and secure the cable.

Thanks Canderson, checked double checked then checked again still no screen, maybe I have borked it.
Ah well ......

Ask a Question