TomTom Fuel service

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by xtermin8, Oct 3, 2010.

1. xtermin8

xtermin8

TomTom Model(s):
    Go 550
    Hi,

I have a TomTom Go 550 which I bought about a month back. I can't fault it but....... since I updated to the latest UK map the fuel service will not work. Map is v855.2884

If I click on Live Service and then Fuel Prices I get the following message.

"Note: Fuel prices cannot be updated because the information on your map is out of date."

I've deleted all there is to do with the fuel prices ad re-installed. Sometimes I don't get teh above message. Its usually "Cannot connect to TOMTOM Server. Its strange because weather, camera's and traffic all work fine.

If I go through TomTom home at the moment and update the prices I get the following...

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/GetInstallable/InvalidArchive1: This file is invalid (archive file): /Users/Rich/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/complete/fuelprice/Fuel_Prices_Europe___Update_prices-1/fuelPricesEU.cab

No idea whats going on. Tomtom support are not much use. Anyone any idea's how I can get the Fuel prices working again?

Many thanks,

Rich

xtermin8, Oct 3, 2010
    1. Advertising

2. xtermin8

mrtwosh

TomTom Model(s):
    Go 750
    This has just happened to me today as well. Tried deleting all fuel update files as well but this does not solve the problem.

mrtwosh, Oct 4, 2010
    1. Advertising

3. xtermin8

xtermin8

TomTom Model(s):
    Go 550
    Tomtom support are not much help to tell the truth. All the things they have suggested I have already done. even going back to factory settings, deleting the map and re-installing.

I'm coming round to thinking its no to bad I guess as the prices were never up to date anyway. I did drive to one of the cheapest that tomtom suggested only to find the petrol station had shut down about 6 months ago lol.

xtermin8, Oct 4, 2010
  4. xtermin8

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    720; 540; 1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50
    TomTom has announced they no longer will be supporting Live Fuel Services in the UK. I'm sure I saw that somewhere......

Oh yeah, it's here as part of the page describing the functionality, or rather lack of same, in the new T1000 in the UK.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
    dhn, Oct 4, 2010
  5. xtermin8

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    Close HOME, delete all the fuel-related files on the Tomtom map folder, and rename %mydocuments%\tomtom to %mydocuments%\tomtomold.

Then reopen HOME and try the fuel install again.

mvl, Oct 5, 2010
  6. xtermin8

hearny

hope this helps. from tom tom

please see below of responce from tom tom. hope this helps. i have the 950 live.

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Rebecca and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you are getting an error with the fuel prices update. I know how important it is for you, to get this issue fixed as soon as possible. Many apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like you to know that you are getting this error due to a temporary issue with the TomTom server.

We are aware of this issue and it is under investigation with High priority. Please bear with us.

You would be able to get the fuel prices updates once the issue is resolved. We will respond you shortly once the issue is fixed.

Stephen, it is a pleasure assisting you. In case, if you have any queries, please reply. We want you to know that, we will be there for you and we do value you as a customer.

Thank you for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

With Kind Regards

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    hearny, Oct 7, 2010
  7. xtermin8

njgg

I'm having the same problem on the Tomtom 750 - please could you post when it is working again?

njgg, Oct 7, 2010
  8. xtermin8

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Yes, I'm hearing from multiple sources that the fuel server has some type of outage on the GO x50 range.

mvl, Oct 8, 2010
  9. xtermin8

simpaty

I have a go 950 live and I still have the very same error message still today...so annoying

simpaty, Oct 13, 2010
  10. xtermin8

hearny

Yeah now working on a TT950 live

Just to let you know it is now working on my machine again TT950 live :)

hearny, Oct 15, 2010
  11. xtermin8

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    I've heard from a number of sources that this has been fixed today.

Is anyone else still having a problem?

mvl, Oct 15, 2010
    1. Advertising