Tomtom for Android?

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
I can see Tomtom does offer its version for iPhone customers, what's about for Android devices? Does anyone know if Tomtom mobile version for Android?
Thanks

There isn't one so far, I've not even heard of any development work towards one.

At first you'd think TT would be mad to ignore the Android market, but there's a problem.
There's only one iPhone software to produce an app for but every Android phone seems to use a different version of the operating system and so there is a LOT more development work needed to get it working for all variants.
I don't think TT have the resources or manpower to deal with that at the moment

Thanks for the confirmation, Andy_P.
I thought they would get one for Android since they're both Linux-based.

Pocket-lint is now reporting that Tomtom's CTO confirmed that an Android application is targeted for release this summer (see here).

Couple this with other news:
1) The Renault R-link runs on an android platform with Tomtom navigation, so the codebase is ready
2) Tomtom announced that all HTC smartphones in India will be powered by Tomtom maps and turn-by-turn. Since HTC is a large Android vendor, you can assume that Tomtom maps/turn by turn are being built for Android.

With all the new bits coming together, it would make me thing that this is real. Google I/O is June 27, and with Tomtom's pattern of announcing at industry events, it would not surprise me to see an announcement.

Ask a Question