TomTom details on map

I own the 540xxltm and noticed that when using the unit the map is bare with just the road I am on and the street names. Is there a way of changing the map to show icons like green for grass and blue for water. I am just saying the maps look a lot different from the ones on my old Garmin unit. Is there a setting for this.

I own the 540xxltm and noticed that when using the unit the map is bare with just the road I am on and the street names. Is there a way of changing the map to show icons like green for grass and blue for water. I am just saying the maps look a lot different from the ones on my old Garmin unit. Is there a setting for this.

Did you try the 2D view yet.

Not really. If you cycle through the various map colours for day and night (espeially day), you might get a combination that gives somewhat better definition.

You can also use Home to download a bazillion community made schemes. Somewhat a pain though that in most cases you can't tell what the effect is until you actually install and select them.

You can also get addition schemes here:
TomTom map colour schemes

In normal navigation view you SHOULD have green grass and blue rivers etc. so something funny is going on.

However, on the Traffic enabled units, on the "Browse map" screen you cannot have Traffic AND POIs etc showing at the same time. When Traffic is showing it uses a different colour scheme that looks very bland.
You can select which is shown in the Options button at the bottom, but there is a persistent bug/feature where the Traffic display view keeps getting switched back on again every time.

Now... I've noticed that some of the most recent models have also started to include the boring "Traffic" colour scheme in the list of schemes for the normal navigation display too.
That couldn't have been selected by accident could it?

Any chance of a screenshot?

Ask a Question