TomTom Active Dock Holder

I own the TomTom Active Dock Holder with TMC module (for details, click on http://www.proclipusa.com/store/products/tomtom-active-dock-holder-with-tilt-swivel_-cigarette-lighter-adapter.-710780.aspx ), Item #: 710780.
I use it with a Tomtom 2535 M Live and an active subscription to live services.
Many times, it takes about 5 minutes for me to see the HD traffic working, after starting up my old GPS.
Could it be because there is interference between the TMC module of the dock holder and the HD traffic of Live services ?

As an experiment, use the original non-TMC cable that came with the unit and see if you see Live services any more quickly then when you swap back to the Proclip mount. We have seen interaction between Live and RDS traffic when both are active on a single unit.

That said, I'm not clear what you mean about "..it takes about 5 minutes for me to see the HD trffic working, after starting up my old GPS."

"Old"? Are you comparing the performance of the 2535 to a previous model that you owned, or are you calling the 2535 "old", or ???

Ah, OK. Ignoring that, it would be interesting if you were able to sit and swap the Proclip with the non-RDS cable that came with the 2535 (it may have come with two from TomTom, one with the 'egg' like the Proclip - that's RDS - and one with no 'egg' on the cable. You'll want the latter).

I received a refurbished GPS from Tomtom because my old 2535 could not connect to my PC to update. Because I normally won't need it, I would like to resell on eBay the non-RDS cable that came with the 2535. If the GPS is charged and I unplug it from the RDS cable, would this be a valid test to see if traffic comes fast? I don't need the GPS to be plugged to a charger to test that, right? This way, there would be no interference between RDS traffic and HD traffic, am I right ?

If you just turn on the GPS without external power and you get fast HD, and never get fast HD with it plugged into the RDS cable -- that's certainly just about as valid as using the non-RDS cable - IF the battery is up to snuff. All we're trying to do right now is determine whether you're having a bad interaction between RDS and Live. I thought perhaps the test using the exact same set-up with two different cables might be a sure fire apples to apples comparison.

Ask a Question