tomtom 930, auto-on with ignition?

TomTom Model(s)
tt go 930
my garmin built into my dash has died ... I have been given a tomtom 930 by a friend but it doesn't have an auto-on feature .......... I have done some searching online, but all the posts seem to be over 2 years old. Has anybody found a way of getting this working recently?

thanks in advance

Change preferences > >>>>> Battery saving preferences > Done
put a check mark at "Switch off when external power is lost"

I think what Arno is saying is that your 930 has an auto-off feature, but not auto-on. That did not become available until the next generation of TomTom units.

I can't get to the power button when its behind the dashboard, is there any other way of turning the device on?
I have tried the remote but that doesn't power on the unit. ....... is there any other way?

Has anybody ever opened their 930 and soldered on a power button extension?

Have had plenty of that vintage open, and there's certainly no reason that you can't parallel the existing switch with another momentary switch.

I think what Arno is saying is that your 930 has an auto-off feature, but not auto-on.
You are right. Memory played tricks. Not until the Nav3 devices could power up upon connection be enabled.
I actually took the 930 out this morning to confirm.

Ask a Question