Tomtom 920 won't power up.

My father inlaws Tomtom 920 is about a year and half old, barely used at all (10 times maybe) and it will not power up, it is not recognized by my computer (imac) anymore. I have done the resets recommended by the manufacturer.I have even changed the battery and still nothing. Tomtom won't fix it (which is bs). Any ideas?

What kind of resets have you done? The pin reset on the bottom of the unit? If so, try again while holding the power button.

I have done that reset. In my communication with Tomtom, they recommended a pin reset where I held it for 5 secs, put back in the charger (where the green led lights) wait for 2 hours then hold and release the reset 5 secs three times. I still cannot get power.

Well, there are repair places on the net you might want to try. (By the way, the warranty on your unit is 1 year so why do you call it BS that TT won't repair it?)

Anyway...for information only (not endorsement), you can try:
http://www.sharc.net/gps_repair.htm
or
Gps-Navigation Repairs

I guess I am a little steamed that something you pay $500 + for, and hardly ever use can only be expected to last 1 year, with company that will do nothing about it. I am really happy that everything is rosey with your Tomtom. I guess all these forums are feel good stories.

I guess I am a little steamed that something you pay $500 + for, and hardly ever use can only be expected to last 1 year, with company that will do nothing about it. I am really happy that everything is rosey with your Tomtom. I guess all these forums are feel good stories.

No need for the sarcasm and if you spent a few minutes reading the posts in these forums, you'd realize that there are plenty of complaints about TomTom the company, the models, the software and the maps.

We are all users here trying to help each other. If there were no problems with the units, this forum wouldn't exist.

Ask a Question