tomtom 820 with truck sd software

my tomtom 820 has a micro sd slot. i have seen a micro sd card with genuine tomtom v2 truck maps on sale. i asked seller if this was compatible with my tomtom. the reply was no.

can anyone explain why this should be, and what i might need to do to make it compatible

cheers

You might want to ask Customer Support. As a North American forum, not too any, if any, here acquainted with that model and what might be possible with it.

United Kingdom
02079 490 134

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

my tomtom 820 has a micro sd slot. i have seen a micro sd card with genuine tomtom v2 truck maps on sale. i asked seller if this was compatible with my tomtom. the reply was no.

can anyone explain why this should be, and what i might need to do to make it compatible

cheers
The reason the map would not be 'compatible' is because to operate in 'truck' mode, one needs on the unit both the map with the additional embedded data (e.g., weight restrictions, no-truck streets, etc.) and the truck firmware to interpret that information, and the 820 does not support that firmware.

Ask a Question