TomTom 720 pairing with Nokia N96 problem!

I have just got my new nokia n96, I am trying to pair it with my TomTom 720 but without success, the problem is that when I start the pairing it reaches 60% and stops saying that there is an error and I have to cancel and it goes on and on like this, can anyone help? please. Thank you.

Mercedes

I have just got my new nokia n96, I am trying to pair it with my TomTom 720 but without success, the problem is that when I start the pairing it reaches 60% and stops saying that there is an error and I have to cancel and it goes on and on like this, can anyone help? please. Thank you.

Mercedes

From the description it seems like you are starting the pairing process from TomTom. If you are not, you might want to let the TomTom pair to the phone. There are problems when pairing is started from the phone.
Just put the phone in discoverable and let the TT find and connect it. Do nothing in the phone but enter the password when prompted for. Try different passwords for the pairing like '1234'.
It might also be a good idea to reset both the phone and TT and try the pairing again. Again try and keep the phone a little away from the TT during the pairing, though this might not be the problem.

ar1979 Thank you for your reply, indeed i was trying to pair the tomtom with the Nokia N96 from the tomtom, everything seems ok, they both recognise each other, but when it gets to 60% it stops and all it says there was an error and you get the buttons try again or cancel, if you try it will do the same process and again stops at 60% and if you cancel the tomtom hangs.
so please if there are any more ideas?

Mercedes

Ask a Question