Tom Tom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I am looking to but the RDS-Traffic receiver. Found one on E-bay and in the listing it says no subscription needed. I asked the sellar a question about this and the reply he gave me was "You only need a subscription with Aftermarket traffic receivers. This is a original TomTom traffic receiver, so no subscription is needed, "
is this correct?:confused:

Eddie

A one year subscription is included for TomTom RDS traffic antennas sold in the States.

Be advised: 1) Make sure the antenna is a US model, the European models do NOT work in North America
2) I don't know whether TomTom will recognize items sold on ebay as being eligible for appropriate subscriptions. They sure don't for TomTom units sold by anybody on ebay.

You may want to call support at 866-486-6866.

Of course this no way guarantees your success, but I bought one off eBay for $13.50 last month and it is working. I assume it will continue for the usual year, but I don't know that for a fact.

I called support and they said as long as it is an E-Bay store that they would honor the subscriptions for GPS systems and Traffic receivers.

Ask a Question