The great debate: TeleAtlas vs. Navteq

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
This is an article that I found very interesting, and wanted to share with my fellow TT enthusiasts. Enjoy!

The reason I couldn't give up my Nuvi is because I used it as a crutch.... "just in case" my TT wasn't able to find an address. Well you'll all be happy to know I sold the nuvi yesterday. My ONE is my ONE AND ONLY gps! :)

I gotta check out my friend's map. He's using Navteq and I'm curious to see its mapping of my area since we know that Canada isn't exactly well mapped compared to the US.

Next, that'll be interesting. Keep us posted. It varies so widely based on area. Maybe navteq is better in Canada? I haven't heard one way or the other, but based on your feedback, it can't possibly be worse, can it? :D

Thanks for the article Battom
I think what Garmin users debate on is the issue with actual navigation and not so much address look up. Garmin users mention that Navteq maps calculate routes much more better and so forth.

Next, that'll be interesting. Keep us posted. It varies so widely based on area. Maybe navteq is better in Canada? I haven't heard one way or the other, but based on your feedback, it can't possibly be worse, can it? :D
I just realise, I can use Google can't I? They're using 2007 Navteq right?

cause when I was doing the BC Wal-Mart locations for digital-flex, both TT and Google couldn't locate some of the locations (at which point, I ignored them) but in other cases, the Navteq won.

It won for... Kamloops I think.. it located the address on the street while my ONE said there are no street numbers for that street (forcing me to add the Wal-Mart location by coordinates). Another is somewhere up in northern BC where the road exists in Google but not in my TT.

So ya, you're right. It isn't worst and in some cases, it's slightly better. I will check local roads and report back.

Ask a Question