Teleatlas announces mapshare-updated maps - nothing on Home yet

Hmm.... also an "update for home" on the 17th....

I have Go 730 and just got off the phone with Tomtom tech support guy, overwhelmed him from the get go with I know that you updated the firmware to 8.301 and didn't update Home app, so there is that stupid error message, I need to know pronto when you gonna have that updated? He was like Umm, let me ask my supervisor, put me on hold and in 2 minutes he told that the update for the Home comes on Feb 17th and that issue should be resolved....snip...

Funny date coincidence. Maybe something big is coming on the 17th....

People, I could provide a link to the thread in a Brit forum where many users were PROMISED a new map would be released on the 11th. And, since many Brits are now on the quarterly subscription series and a new map has NOT been released, they are, uh, somewhat upset at that deadline having come ... and gone.

As with all things related to TomTom:
1. Don't rely on any dates you may be told
2. Don't be the first to upgrade any firmware. No prizes for being guinea pigs.
3. Always backup prior to ANY updates of maps and/or firmware.

People, I could provide a link to the thread in a Brit forum where many users were PROMISED a new map would be released on the 11th. And, since many Brits are now on the quarterly subscription series and a new map has NOT been released, they are, uh, somewhat upset at that deadline having come ... and gone.

One of us must be a frontier or pioneer, bro
If noone upgrades and keeps waiting for other feedback, Tomtom won't bother releasing anything :)

If more people gave me rep points for reporting my findings I'd be happy to be a guinea pig. I always back up everything in Explorer first anyway.

Ask a Question