Switch between CD & TT

My FM transmitter did not work as good as I thought it would. I went ahead and got an audio cable to connect my TT to the aux jack in my car which is much better now for clarity. I was wanting to know is there any way I can listen to the radio/CD player and let TT come on to give directions only when needed while using the aux jack?

I've never heard of a unit that was capable of doing that through the aux jack (though it makes lots of sense). There are ways of having the navigation system interrupt the sound system output but it's not elegent or inexpensive. This is the very reason that GPS's came out with Music players in the first place. One day maybe auto sound system makers will allow it but until then we'll have to listen to the builtin speakers or our loaded music.

My FM transmitter did not work as good as I thought it would. I went ahead and got an audio cable to connect my TT to the aux jack in my car which is much better now for clarity. I was wanting to know is there any way I can listen to the radio/CD player and let TT come on to give directions only when needed while using the aux jack?
Your 720 will only "multiplex" its own audio with navigation instructions, so no, I know of no way of doing what you want to do.

A bit of information on the FM...

Originally, my FM worked fine. Later, after moving things around a bit in the cockpit, it started acting a bit feeble in the signal strength department. I have finally narrowed down the issue, at least in my case. The position of the car DC power cable can make a HUGE difference.

Either TT is using the +12 conductor on the power cable as a radiator for the FM signal, or the ground plane created by the power cable is having this effect. By changing the orientation of the DC power cable, the FM signal strength was dramatically improved/reduced. I have also noticed that whether an upper or lower FM frequency works out better is impacted by orientation issues, especially when the excess DC power cord length (if any) is coiled up to get it out of the way.

Ask a Question