Street Numbers way off?

Has anyone else bumped into this problem.

Recently, I've noticed my street numbers are off by about 600 yards or so...

Example addresses:
2780 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta GA 30339
(This is a Doubletree Hotel)

278 McElroy Road, Fayetteville, GA
(Georgia Driver's Services office)

I'm just curious if anyone else has this same issue and what the best way to aggravate TomTom about it. Makes my TomTom almost useless. I don't recall having this problem with my 910 before it got stolen.

Thanks,
Gene

You can correct a street number by Map Corrections-->Correct a map error-->arrow right-->Report other error-->Existing street-->On Map-->Done-->next screen gives a bunch of options to correct including 'Wrong or Missing House Numbers'.

You'll find some address locations are pretty close in alot of cases, and off in others. For example, TT places my house 8 away from the true location. You see, the mapping information does not contain precise locations for every address for every street for every city. Otherwise, the map size would be HUGE.

Instead, the software approximates the location based on a range of addresses for many streets. If there are 10 houses on a street and the street is 1000 feet long, TT assumes each house will have a frontage of 100 feet. Sometimes, that works. Sometimes, not so much.

Same problem my house is 3 houses down from where the arrow shows me to turn into the driveway. I did email TomTom support a few days ago to let them know about the problem, so hopefully it will get fixed.

I noticed by address was off by about 100 feet. But when I check my address location on Google Maps, it had the same error.

So I put my home location in by longitude & latitude.

Ask a Question