Start2 Mains Charger

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I've just bought a Start 2 and would like a home mains charger to add to the in-car charger supplied. Could someone point me in the right direction please? I'm based in the UK.

Some of the feedback I've seen on online stores (Amazon for example) has customer posts suggesting that the standard charger doesn't fit the Start 2 model. Is this true?

Many thanks for a quick and useful reply canderson! Is it true that if a TT USB Home Charger works for the TT One it will also work for the TT Start2 ? I ask because there appear to be some bargains available through affiliate retailers.

A USB mini-B connector is a USB mini-B connector. In some fashion or another, MOST (but not all) TomTom units accept that connection on the bottom. However ... some of the more recent GO units do NOT use the mini-B on the bottom, and require that the intermediate car mount be shoved in between the unit and a mini-B home charger. You will notice that the GO740, 940, 550, 750 and 950 are NOT included in the list shown for the device I indicated above. For those GO products, this kit is required (not a problem for you - just pointing this out) Home & Travel Charger - Accessories - TomTom

A Home charger that works for one tomtom model will work for all of them.
Almost - unless you want to haul the car mount indoors to finish the connection on the models noted in the post above.

Sorry, should have looked at the link before replying. I was considering JUST the part that actually plugs into the outlet. THAT will be ok if you have the proper cable as canderson correctly points out.

I use the AC plug in thingy for all the units I have lying around, including the 'traditional' cable for my 720 and the different one (shown in the link) for a 2505 (equivalent to the 1005 model....sort of).

Ask a Question