Speed cameras on Go 6000?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 550 LIVE
Hi All

I am thinking of getting a Go 6000 but I've been told that I can't use PocketGPS mobile cameras on this model is that correct as I've used them for years and like them alot?
I have a Go 1005 Camper at the moment and would love any comments on whether people think this would be a good upgrade or not, I like the idea of free Traffic and Map updates for life...

Any help really appreciated...

Lee

At this precise time, custom poi files are not possible to be installed on the model (Go 6000) but suspect it will be possible some time in the future. How long, who knows but think we're talking months, not years..

I agree that we will probably see custom POI down the road, but will TomTom be allowing them to be associated with audio alerts of proximity as was the case for Nav2/Nav3? I've never seen or heard anything on that topic! Without that feature, a speed cam POI set isn't going to be very helpful unless you have a copilot that can keep eyes glued to the screen.

Really gutted about that seems like I'm sticking with my Go 1005 unless things change soon... From what I've read there seems to be a few things missing compared to the older models although I'm not sure what. They call it streamlining, ha!ha!...

Lee

Not so much streamlining as being pushed into premature product releases or blowing schedules. It'll all get there .. eventually.

Ask a Question