Speed Camera Warnings

Having paid for the Live subscription, and updated all available items on my TomTom Go, it seems to be really hit and miss as to whether the speed cameras show or not. My girlfriend borrowed my satnav to drive from Surrey to Hull, and said that she got lots of warnings going there, but none at all coming back, even though she passed lots of cameras in both directions.
I also noticed that it seems to be missing cameras that have been there for ages. I thought by paying for the subscription and getting the cameras that they would be pretty accurate, and better than the four year old Garmin unit I had that I never updated the cameras on, but so far, the Garmin wins hands down!
Am I missing something about the speed cameras and/or notifications?
Regards
Martin

The TomTom provided speed cameras are not current or accurate. Many consider investing in a much more reliable database of speed cameras from third party sources such as Pocketgpsworld.

See here:
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-Why choose the PGPSW database?

Thanks, though a really surprised how TomTom can charge for a service that is so inaccurate! After having just pai out nearly ?50 for the full live services, I'm going to have to hold fire on the cameras, but I'll keep it in mind.
Martin

To be honest the Live service include useful things like Google Search, the currently broken HD Traffic data (mainly UK based issue) and or course the useless Speed camera database. You can't pick and choose which bits you want otherwise I doubt their speed camera service would ever get any subscribtions at all.

I use the PGPSW database, its updated each week (with occasional weeks missing for Holidays such as Christmas etc), far better data quality and coverage, better still, be the first to report a new camera and you can be awarded with lifetime membership for free - Mike

Ask a Question