Speaker Specifications for Project

Hi everyone

I hope someone out there can help me with this!

I'm currently doing a sound engineering course and we have just received a project in which we need to record vocal GPS commands that will work with a sat nav.

Please could someone let me know where I can find the exact specifications of the speakers found inside the more popular (Start etc.) Tom Tom models.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Riccardo

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the info. There was some helpful stuff there.

One thing I'm looking for in particular is the frequency response/range of the speakers inside.

I have to EQ and compress my vocal recordings accordingly.

Anyone know these specs?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. There was some helpful stuff there.

One thing I'm looking for in particular is the frequency response/range of the speakers inside.

I have to EQ and compress my vocal recordings accordingly.

Anyone know these specs?

Thanks
The speaker isn't the only thing that will determine the overall frequency response of the system. Now that you know how to make custom sounds, and if you have the equipment, I'd create an *.ogg file that sweeps a sine wave across the audio range of interest and actually test your results with a decent (flat) microphone and spectrum analyzer if you have access to it. Given the nature of your project, such tools should be available to you.

Ask a Question