So I took it apart again.... Battery Size Confirmed.

I order the 510, which I assume should have same battery as 710 or 910.
The battery use in 510 is:
Cell Type: 18650
Capacity: 2400mAh
Voltage: 3.7V

So...if you ever screw up your battery, it is uite a easy replacement actually.
The LG make the 18650 up to 2600mAH.
________
Medical marijuana

Attachments

• IMG_2505.JPG
    IMG_2505.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
Do you tear everything apart that you just bought? You have a stash of "void warranty if removed" stickers? :)

Thanks for the pics!

Just curios... do you ever have issues trying to return something if you decide to after you opened it up?

I order the 510, which I assume should have same battery as 710 or 910.
The battery use in 510 is:
Cell Type: 18650
Capacity: 2400mAh
Voltage: 3.7V

So...if you ever screw up your battery, it is uite a easy replacement actually.
The LG make the 18650 up to 2600mAH.
Other than the "why" of this surgery, should one be concerned with overcharging or running it down, and what's the estimated life of the battery?

Other than the "why" of this surgery, should one be concerned with overcharging or running it down, and what's the estimated life of the battery?

Technically, Li-ion battery has 3X longer life than Metal Hydride.
Li-ion also does NOT have "memory effect" like Ni-Cd. (yes, you can charge it any time you want!)

HOWEVER, Li-ion battery' life span start shorten from the time of manufacturing (shelf life) regardless of whether it was charged. Higher temperature also accelerate this aging process. (notice why most of notebook's battery doesn't hold its charge after a year? Because the heat created from the notebook.) And for people who live in warmer place, leaving your TomTom inside the car is just another receipe to shorten your battery life.

Also, Li-ion has this strange behavior once it "aged", it usually doesn't show much sign. All the sudden, you realized the battery no longer holding charge. ( if you are active phone talker, notice your cell phone require more charges all the sudden? )

I really wouldn't trust Li-ion for more than one year, that's the reason why I take this thing apart. ( at least I need to know if there is replacement I can buy )
________
SwettLatin

Last edited:
Technically, Li-ion battery has 3X longer life than Metal Hydride.
Li-ion also does NOT have "memory effect" like Ni-Cd. (yes, you can charge it any time you want!)

HOWEVER, Li-ion battery' life span start shorten from the time of manufacturing (shelf life) regardless of whether it was charged. Higher temperature also accelerate this aging process. (notice why most of notebook's battery doesn't hold its charge after a year? Because the heat created from the notebook.) And for people who live in warmer place, leaving your TomTom inside the car is just another receipe to shorten your battery life.

Also, Li-ion has this strange behavior once it "aged", it usually doesn't show much sign. All the sudden, you realized the battery no longer holding charge. ( if you are active phone talker, notice your cell phone require more charges all the sudden? )

I really wouldn't trust Li-ion for more than one year, that's the reason why I take this thing apart. ( at least I need to know if there is replacement I can buy )

Do you have an website that has the battery? Or do you know the configuration of the cells? Thanks.

Here's one place that has it. I only found this through Google, I have no dealings with this company.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=945

Interesting. I have an old walkie talkie that has a lithium battery pack and the pack is no longer available (thanks Yaesu). It looks like there would just be one cylindrical cell inside. I wonder if LG has a smaller cell in this series.

Here's one place that has it. I only found this through Google, I have no dealings with this company.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=945

Interesting. I have an old walkie talkie that has a lithium battery pack and the pack is no longer available (thanks Yaesu). It looks like there would just be one cylindrical cell inside. I wonder if LG has a smaller cell in this series.

Interesting, checking around at electronics supply warehouses online, they have Lithium cells at half size, I wonder if a pair in series would fit. Anyone have the dimensions?

Hi there, I've taken my 510 apart to replace battery but can't work out how to get the old battery out from the housing without cutting wires??? basically, the pics you shared were great and that's what i've got but what's the next stage?? cheers

Ask a Question