slow motion voices after firmware update

I recently upgraded my firmware on my TomTom GO 710. The good thing is that it fixed the shutdown problem, where most of the time it restarts after shutting down, taking multiple times to shut down (ANNOYING). But sometimes the instructions are played in slow motion, which is annoying and sounds very bad. Anyone got a clue to why this happens?

BTW, I'm using the Mandarin voice.

I recently upgraded my firmware on my TomTom GO 710. The good thing is that it fixed the shutdown problem, where most of the time it restarts after shutting down, taking multiple times to shut down (ANNOYING). But sometimes the instructions are played in slow motion, which is annoying and sounds very bad. Anyone got a clue to why this happens?

BTW, I'm using the Mandarin voice.

I so would love to hear an example of this :D

Is this for real!?!? :confused:

Of course it is real. If you listen closely Lori's voice, it'll say 300 meters, ... If you want I can shoot a video with my camera. It is so annoying when you're on the road. But it seems like the pin reset is curing it. I haven't experienced it yet. I'll keep trying.

My 910 is doing the same thing, after I updated to v7.9

It does not do it all the time, but seems to occur after use, when I turn the unit off and then back on, without first clearing the previous route.

To fix, I then clear the route, then restart again.

This creates a hassle when you have not reached your destination and still neeed your current route.

I did reset the unit a couple of days ago, but have not tested to see if that fixed it.

If anyone discovers a fix, please let us know.

Randy

My 910 is doing the same thing, after I updated to v7.9

It does not do it all the time, but seems to occur after use, when I turn the unit off and then back on, without first clearing the previous route.

To fix, I then clear the route, then restart again.

This creates a hassle when you have not reached your destination and still neeed your current route.

I did reset the unit a couple of days ago, but have not tested to see if that fixed it.

If anyone discovers a fix, please let us know.

Randy

Hello. I want to give an update on the voice "slow motion" problem that started after upgrading to V7.9.

On my 910, I have tried reset, reflash, reinstall and nothing works. Does not matter what voice I have selected.

But I have isolated the problem and do have a easy fix (at least until tomtom issues a firmware fix).
Here is the only time that mine has this problem:
1. I finish a trip and my 910 announces that "You have reached your destination".
2. I turn the unit off.
3. When I turn it back on, I get the "slow motion" voice and continue to get it until I restart again. Sometines 1-2 restarts are needed.

Easy fix:
Select "Clear the route" in menu, before turning the unit off. Works everytime.

Hope this helps someone. Let me know if anyone else has found a different fix.

Randy R.

Ask a Question