show current speed and IQ speed?

swb

I have a 140S. I can display current speed and official speed limit, bu what I would like to be able to do is to show my current speed and the speed IQ thinks I should be able to maintain on that section of road. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

IQ considers what people are really driving on roads, not the posted limit. However, only the default speed imbedded in the map for major roads gets shown, not what IQ data shows.

I mean, you could do the math I suppose....

For example, let's say the time for fastest calculation shows 5 minutes. Activate the IQ routing and the same route might show 4 minutes.

So, if the distance is 5 miles, then non IQ speed = 60 mph
IQ speed would be 75 mph according to its data).

Last edited:
Yes of course. I am asking if there is a way, tweak or whatever, to make it show current speed and the IQ estimate, instead.

There is only one way to see IQ speeds, but it won't show realtime while driving.

Plan a route using "prepare route". Then do a route demo, and Tomtom will run IQroutes speeds. If you need to see how IQroutes calculates at a different time of day, you have to change your clock and try again.

This only works if the road doesn't have a speed limit. If there is a speed limit, route demo will drive at the speed limit speed (although it plans arrival times and routes using IQroutes speeds). This is probably done for liability reasons.

This is probably done for liability reasons.

Route IQ speeds would be hidden for support cost reasons too. The very term "IQ speed" could prove confusing to some people, and there will be those who call in asking why the speed is so high or so low (actual speeds vary with driving style among other things).

I too would welcome realtime route IQ data, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Ask a Question