sd card slow update on map

I installed the NA_2 map on a 2 gb san disk ultraII with the .1609 poi's and when I drive down the road the map updates only every five seconds. Unlike when I am on the internal memory it works fine. Why would the sd card work slower or since there is not much memory on the card I should get a bigger one and install all of the files from the internal memory to a bigger sd card. I only have the NA map on the sd card. Thanks.

I installed the NA_2 map on a 2 gb san disk ultraII with the .1609 poi's and when I drive down the road the map updates only every five seconds. Unlike when I am on the internal memory it works fine. Why would the sd card work slower or since there is not much memory on the card I should get a bigger one and install all of the files from the internal memory to a bigger sd card. I only have the NA map on the sd card. Thanks.

Map rendering is affected in part by the number of poi's the user has chosen to show on the map, i.e, the more that are required to show, the slower the map movement.

Further, even though your sd card may have fast read/writes, think about the equivalent situation on your computer. If the cpu needs to retrieve data from memory in the computer, it'll be faster than if it needs to read (or write) to a hard drive.

Further, even though your sd card may have fast read/writes, think about the equivalent situation on your computer. If the cpu needs to retrieve data from memory in the computer, it'll be faster than if it needs to read (or write) to a hard drive.

The flash memory is not RAM is it ? I run mine from my SD card with tons of poi's without any lag at all.

Map rendering is affected in part by the number of poi's the user has chosen to show on the map, i.e, the more that are required to show, the slower the map movement.

I had all of the poi's checked off to display. I unchecked them all and the map worked normally. It just goes to show you that the .1609 has a lot of more poi's because under the old one with all the poi's checked off it did not have a hard time to render. Thanks for the tip dhn.

I had all of the poi's checked off to display. I unchecked them all and the map worked normally. It just goes to show you that the .1609 has a lot of more poi's because under the old one with all the poi's checked off it did not have a hard time to render. Thanks for the tip dhn.

You are welcome.

Ask a Question