Safety Camera Option

After receiving a $400+ ticket, I wish to order the Safety Camera Option, but I understand it is not available for the 720Go in the USA. Therefore, I presume that I must upgrade to a 730Go. Do I need a bluetooth phone for this option? Can anyone please comment on how they like the service? Does it simply warn that you are approaching a safety camera, or does it do more?

After receiving a $400+ ticket, I wish to order the Safety Camera Option, but I understand it is not available for the 720Go in the USA. Therefore, I presume that I must upgrade to a 730Go. Do I need a bluetooth phone for this option? Can anyone please comment on how they like the service? Does it simply warn that you are approaching a safety camera, or does it do more?

You may want to consider the following option:
>>> GPS World Safety Camera Database <<<

You can also do a very similar thing by setting up POIs that are the location of the cameras with a POI warning with maybe a 50 ft or more warning distance....

Maybe this will work for you: >>> Download Safety POIs HERE <<<<

There is a ONE-time lifetime registration fee of US $7 for the site...

Last edited:
Birdman, I'm able to dl poi's from that site without an payment for registration.

Birdman, I'm able to dl poi's from that site without an payment for registration.

Actually, you are correct. Some POIs can be downloaded. Some, if you try to download, will prompt you stating that you need to be a member. One such file is the "TomTom POI (Custom POI with extended info)"

No prob,

I live in the Washington, DC area (traffic insanity!) so I haven't gotten to test it out as in-depth as I'd like - it's just nearly impossible to go fast enough with so much gridlock :rolleyes: So

It is built into the GO 730, but you can subscribe and unsubscribe whenever you like. That helps because it lets you try it out without committing (no contracts or anything like that).

There are also some great vids up on YouTube that TomTom owners have made themselves. Take a look at this one, which shows the safety camera service in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDe7rLD7ts

Ask a Question