river navigation question??

I bought 920. I want to also use gps for finding where I last anchored my boat. I can add a spot where the boat is but since the spot is not on a road it will not let me navigate to the spot. Are there any river or lake map programs available that will work on the 920 or is there a way that I can chart a course that is not a highway or road listed in their map? This make any sense?
Thanks.

I bought 920. I want to also use gps for finding where I last anchored my boat. I can add a spot where the boat is but since the spot is not on a road it will not let me navigate to the spot. Are there any river or lake map programs available that will work on the 920 or is there a way that I can chart a course that is not a highway or road listed in their map? This make any sense?
Thanks.

I might be totaly wrong about this but as far as I know the 920 is for roads only. I have the 920 as well and haven't tried it on the water but I don't think the 920 will chart a course for you. I have a Magellian portable that works well on the water as it will draw a streight line from point a - b and it will work a bit on routing hwys but it isn't as good on land as it on water and I think you will find the 920 to be the other way around.

river navigation

Thanks for that. I don't know how these things work so don't know if there is a map that someone else makes that would work for off road navigation. I don't want to do anything fancy. Sometimes I catch fish and the fish tend to stay in similar places and it would be nice to be able to return to a good spot. Anyone knowing of a way to make my 920 do this or of another GPS that's not too expensive please let me know.
THANKS,
Dan MacNeil
the website guy
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question