Rest Stops Deleted In New Maps!

I'm sorry, but this is a major flaw in the new TomTom maps. The Rest Area database has been significantly scaled down in the U.S. (and probably Canada.) Four year old Magellan GPS's have more data on Rest Areas than this.

While many of you may not use rest stops, many travelers do---including millions of truckers (it's worth noting that some truck stops specifically sell the TomTom in in-store promotions... man, will these truckers get a surprise with their new maps!)

TomTom needs to explain this faux pas.

Anyone not liking the new maps, I "THINK" you can take the poi.dat file from one of yur old backups and replace the new poi.dat file with it....

NOT TESTED..... NOT VERIFIED!!

battam,

Guess who didn't do a backup? Does the 910 come with a DVD of the old maps, or am I hooped to try and rollback?

No TT Device comes with an installable OEM version of the Maps, you delete...they are GONE.

no backup... htey're gone...

gulp!

I honestly don't see how rolling back to outdate POIs and maps is a solution simply because TomTom has messed up. I can still return this product to the store and buy a paper map.

Life will be much simpler.

Yes, you are, and I am grateful! But I do believe the new POI database is more current, and so I'd prefer not to roll back. Just read a thread about the possiblity of extracting info from the old database. It will be interesting to see if this can be done.

Thank you battom!

it can be done... i've done it. but it takes FOREVER and i didn't save it the last time I ran it. i'm not even sure we can do this legally??? but yes. it can be done. Look for a post in the pi.dat thread about how to... I'll post there later

Ask a Question