reset to factory settings

Today I've bought a new XL-S and when i've tried to download a new synthetic voice the software indicate that I've not enough space and I need to delete someting. I've delete all unnecessary language and I've delete the PI (7.7 mo) probably the default by mistake and I want to restore them. Unfortunately I've forgot to make a backup, I've seen the option later. Someone can help me. It's possible to reset the unit to factory default to retreive all default content ? My unit came with USA and Canada maps preloaded. I don't want to lost the default map if I reset to factory default.

thanks

Today I've bought a new XL-S and when i've tried to download a new synthetic voice the software indicate that I've not enough space and I need to delete someting. I've delete all unnecessary language and I've delete the PI (7.7 mo) probably the default by mistake and I want to restore them. Unfortunately I've forgot to make a backup, I've seen the option later. Someone can help me. It's possible to reset the unit to factory default to retreive all default content ? My unit came with USA and Canada maps preloaded. I don't want to lost the default map if I reset to factory default.

thanks

Unfortunately, if you didn't make a backup you cannot simply reset the device back to the default maps and POIs. Couple options I can think of:
1) Try using HOME 2 to update the map and see if it recognizes that files are missing and it allows you to update the map
2) Did you perform all this on an SD card? If so, if you pull the SD card out, the default maps may be on the internal memory.
3) Also Using Home 2, you might want to click on the ADD MAPS, TRAFFIC, VOICES, etc and see if by chance you have a local copy of the maps and install from there.

You really don't have much choice if you didn't back it up.

Ask a Question