Replace broken touch screen?

Hi, I have a XL340S 4.3 inch with its touch screen broken. The LCD is fine. I thought it would be cheaper to just replace the touch screen. I ordered one from http://www.dealextreme.com/p/repair-parts-replacement-touch-screen-digitizer-for-4-3-gps-33563 for only 5 dollars. I got it and it matches well with my broken one. Now the question is coming: which side is the front, or just does not matter? In my GPS, 4 solder points are marked as ULSR. The touch screen replacement came without any introduction. Does anyone have repairing experience? Thanks.

Hope I'm following you, but ...

Assuming the one you bought is a true "match" for your unit, the up/down in/out will be readily apparent. The contacts on the end of the flex able will only be exposed on one side. So if you observe which side makes the connection (the copper bit) when you release your existing cable, the correct orientation will be evident. The exposed copper must face the same way in the connector when you install the new one.

Ask a Question