Red Light Camera Warning - Computer Voice

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Here's one I did using a computer voice.
Sorry, I don't have a sample .mp3 file for preview.
copy the .ogg file to your North America or US_and_Canada folder in your tomtom.
Rename the .ogg file to match the name of your red light camera POI file.

Attachments

• RedLight Camera.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,243
Very nice. I currently use the default sound that sounds like the star trek red alert alarm but it usually scares me when I'm driving. LOL This is much better.

My wife hates to be disturbed while sleeping, especially by faked cop voice.:D

Hello Zeke and welcome.
Please read my first post.
It explains how to install it to your one.
If you have any specfic question(s) or something sounds confusing, let me know

No, this post is only for the Voice Warning and not the POI.
The voice warning needs to be rename to your red light camera poi listing.

TT1 3rd Ed. NavCore 7.161 issues with audible warnings.

I finally got this to work, but I seem to be having major issues getting these audio files to play every time I install a new set of red light POIs.

I followed all the instructions, renamed the ogg file, etc. It works, but not without a bazillion reboots.

When I went to Menu->Manage POI->Warn when Near POI, the unit freezes up and will not allow me to go beyond selecting the distance of the warning. I just keep hitting OK and nothing happens until I reboot. I have to reboot the Unit for every set of Red Light POIs that I want to enable warnings on (it's not on by default!). I loaded up 4 sets of Red Light Cameras (LA, Houston, Dallas, and NYC) and had to reboot 4 times.

There also seems to be glitches in the Circuit City and several other POI lists. When I attempt to open the POI category on the GPS unit, the unit freezes and then reboots.

Both of the TT1 3rd edition have the same problem. Anyone else having problems with POI lists in the TT1 3rd Edition NavCore 7.161?

My friend doesn't seem to be having these issues on his 720.

I finally got this to work, but I seem to be having major issues getting these audio files to play every time I install a new set of red light POIs.

I followed all the instructions, renamed the ogg file, etc. It works, but not without a bazillion reboots.

When I went to Menu->Manage POI->Warn when Near POI, the unit freezes up and will not allow me to go beyond selecting the distance of the warning. I just keep hitting OK and nothing happens until I reboot. I have to reboot the Unit for every set of Red Light POIs that I want to enable warnings on (it's not on by default!). I loaded up 4 sets of Red Light Cameras (LA, Houston, Dallas, and NYC) and had to reboot 4 times.

There also seems to be glitches in the Circuit City and several other POI lists. When I attempt to open the POI category on the GPS unit, the unit freezes and then reboots.

Both of the TT1 3rd edition have the same problem. Anyone else having problems with POI lists in the TT1 3rd Edition NavCore 7.161?

My friend doesn't seem to be having these issues on his 720.
May I have a Red Light Camera in LA. My email (e-mail address removed). Many Thanks

Rename the .ogg?

Here's one I did using a computer voice.
Sorry, I don't have a sample .mp3 file for preview.
copy the .ogg file to your North America or US_and_Canada folder in your tomtom.
Rename the .ogg file to match the name of your red light camera POI file.

I have TomTom one 3rd , I must to rename to .ov2?. I need your advice. Thanks.

I have TomTom one 3rd , I must to rename to .ov2?. I need your advice. Thanks.

No, you don't even need to do that.

Just place the file in the sound folder. Next go to Change Preference>Manage POI>Warn near POI>Choose the POI>Enter the distance>and then among the list select the red light camera warning.

No, you don't even need to do that.

Just place the file in the sound folder. Next go to Change Preference>Manage POI>Warn near POI>Choose the POI>Enter the distance>and then among the list select the red light camera warning.
Thanks a lot, I got it.

Ask a Question