QuickFix

Use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit. Then go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\ and delete any subfolders found there.

Connect to Home and see if a new file is offered.

What happened to quick fix? For the last 2 weeks it dows not show up in updates.

That did it. I had a downloads and a download folder. I assume that happened throughout a the home upgrades. Anyway it was the delete in the download folder that fixed it for me.

Thanks!

This is the first time I've had trouble getting the quickFIX. Wasn't being offered for about 1 week on my XL. I deleted the files outlined by dhn (and some others) and this fixed the problem. I've never had this problem with my old 3rd edition, but seems like when the XL got to 24 folders (on the completed download area), it maxed out.

I usually don't bother with getting the QuickFIX, but I hadn't used my XL in some time and it was taking longer to acquire sat signal.

Thanks guys!

My post above about the XL seems to have a limit of 24 folders was wrong. :rolleyes:

Just had to delete all the sub-folders "C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris" ...and there were only 15 sub-folders. Then I could get a GPSQuickFIX again. Weird TomTom HOME software :argue:

Weird TomTom HOME software :argue:
I won't argue THAT comment (!) but I think you'll find that it's not a folder limit at all. Each QuickFix is accompanied by a file (ee_meta.txt) that contains only a sort of 'time to live' date. It's actually a Unix date convention (number of seconds since 1/1/1970) and will look like this:

Expiry=1290787158

You can see what one translates to here: Online Conversion - Unix time conversion

Once in a while, a QuickFix file arrives with a bogus Expiry way out in the future, and in comparing it to today's date/time, Home assumes that no update is required, and won't download anything new. Killing off the errant file solves that.

just wanted to say thanks also. my quickfix hasn't updated for several week now, I thought tomtom just quit offering it, lol.
I deleted the files outlined in this thread and now as with the other users, mine is also working again...

Always nice when the old threads get found and used successfully!

Ask a Question