QuickFix on ONE....

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
is AMAZING! I grabbed the upgrade when TT still had it available a couple of days ago and saw it installing the QuickFix data. Flew from Dallas to Tucson today, and when the plane came to a stop at the gate, I turned the ONE on, as usual. It usually takes anywhere from 30-45 secs to a minute. I turned it on, and literally 5 seconds later had a FIX! AMAZING! :D

is AMAZING! I grabbed the upgrade when TT still had it available a couple of days ago and saw it installing the QuickFix data. Flew from Dallas to Tucson today, and when the plane came to a stop at the gate, I turned the ONE on, as usual. It usually takes anywhere from 30-45 secs to a minute. I turned it on, and literally 5 seconds later had a FIX! AMAZING! :D
just out of curiosity, how many kb does the quickfix use?

I magically lost 1MB out of nowhere.

I know 200kb goes to the new app and a few hundred to quickfix (500kb?) but where'd I lose nearly 1MB to??

Just turned it on again after a few hours being off. It took 2.5 mins to lock on. That's like normal without quickfix.

Does it really degrade after a few days of not updating? How do I know if quickfix is downloaded when I connect to HOME? Will it show as an "update"?

Yes, I think it'll show as an update and ask if you want to download it. Are the ephemeris files on your ONE? Just curious, because I'm getting an almost instant fix just about every time. I haven't updated the QuickFix since first getting it the other day with the new firmware.

yeah they are. Just like you, I haven't updated since that day it came out and we all updated lol.

...but where'd I lose nearly 1MB to??
New voice perhaps?

Does it really degrade after a few days of not updating? How do I know if quickfix is downloaded when I connect to HOME? Will it show as an "update"?
The data is not valid after 7 days and is disregarded. Connect to HOME and new ephemeris data will be downloaded. I believe it does show as an 'update'. You can see that the file is being downloaded.

Are the ephemeris files on your ONE?
Yes, in the 'ephem' folder.

hmm, how come quickfix sometimes work and sometimes doesn't lol.

I last turned on my TomTom last night (along with this week's new quickfix download) so those two factors should make it a quick lock but it took 2 mins 10 secs to lock.

Last week, it was locking in seconds like it's supposed to.

Edit: Ok this is weird. I connected it to the computer (to remove a video). When I disconnect it and turn it back on, it took another minute to lock on. This can't be right, even without quickfix.

Last edited:
That does seem odd. I wonder if it has anything to do with TT pulling the update from their server, so they pulled the QuickFix data, too? I doubt it, but I'm grasping for straws.

My other guess is that, just like your upgrade DVD, it's taking 4x as long? :) :)

Updating QuickFix data wirelessly?

I noticed that the x10 series of TomToms will update their QuickFix data automatically whenever one connects to TomTom Plus via a bluetooth cellphone. This functionality is greyed out on the One. Any idea when/if QuickFix updating via TomTom Plus will be enabled on the One? (I travel a lot on business, and it sure would be nice if my One could update its QuickFix data without having to be tethered to a computer.)

I couldn't agree more. I've been on the road this week with no way to use QuickFix because the option is greyed out. I hope they add this functionality soon!

lol.

no kidding. We'll see what they say. I can't get traffic to work either even after following their instructions :(

I don't know about you guys but my last QuickGPSFix update (last Thurs) was pretty crappy. The previous Thurs was superb and it locked on within 30 secs despite being off for several days.

This week, it has taken up to 2? mins. It's as if I don't have QuickGPSFix.

Edit: Just turned it on. Now it can't even find satellite lock!! It's just sitting at my desk right now saying "Waiting for a valid GPS signal..."

wow.. it just magically locked on to 4 satellites as I'm typing this.

Any clue to this odd behaviour?

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing. My first QuickFix update was stellar. My second it takes minutes to find a lock. Let's hope it's not a crapshoot with every update!

Ask a Question