QuickFix not working anymore

My GPS QuickFix was working like a charm before the latest major application update.. I used to get a fix usually within 10 seconds but never longer than a minute. Ever since I got TomTom Home 2.1 (software version 7.131/map version 665.1293) it takes 3-5 minutes or longer to get the initial lock. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I still see the QuickFix get updated every week or so (whenver I plug in) but it doesn't seem to be working.

I really like the new features (well I guess mainly being able to preview a POI before selecting it) but the gps fix taking so long each time I turn the device on is really annoying!

Hey TTGoblin, I also experience the same thing with the new firmwire. I just rolled back to the previous firmwire because it takes me at least 2-3 minutes to get a fix.

After the Navcore 7 upgrade I didn't notice a lag in fix time. But after the last GPS QuickFix update my TT1 took about 2 - 3 min to get a fix. We'll just have to watch the next couple of fixes.

My GPS QuickFix was working like a charm before the latest major application update.. I used to get a fix usually within 10 seconds but never longer than a minute. Ever since I got TomTom Home 2.1 (software version 7.131/map version 665.1293) it takes 3-5 minutes or longer to get the initial lock. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I still see the QuickFix get updated every week or so (whenver I plug in) but it doesn't seem to be working.

I really like the new features (well I guess mainly being able to preview a POI before selecting it) but the gps fix taking so long each time I turn the device on is really annoying!

I think the slowness came from the 11/10 or so QuickFix update. My 910 was fine all weekend even after installing 7.120, but after my latest Quickfix update, finding satellites is taking 8-10 minutes. I am hoping the next upload corrects this problem.

I too just recently noticed some delay in getting satellite fix. It would take minutes to get a single sat, and then it would drop right away where I have to wait more before I cant get sats again.

I very rarely experience this problem, in fact if I switch off then on my device after downloading a quickfix, I get an instant sat fix. The only difference I notice with v7.160 is that signal strength is not that good, usually 4 of 5 bars only. I used to get full signal strength with v6.5x.

Same problem to me after uppdating to 7.131 (TT1 v2 with map6.75)
Using TTHome 2.1
I have turned OFF automatic start of suntime.
It shortened fixation time from over 3-4min to about 30-120sec.

Hey TTGoblin, I also experience the same thing with the new firmwire. I just rolled back to the previous firmwire because it takes me at least 2-3 minutes to get a fix.

How did you rollback to the previous firmware? Did you restore manually from a backup? Did you have to reinstall the old version of the desktop TomTom Home software?

I find it interesting that some people only recently (past week or so) had an issue as I've had an issue once Navcore 7 was installed.

to nextourer:
Suntime was developed for TT(1) with navcore6.xx
Somehow it still works with navcore7.xx (witch is god), but I think that the autostart of suntime interfear the satelite fixation (slows it down).
So now i start suntime manualy, if I drive long.

Strangely my 7.xxx release prior to 7.131 had this problem, but 7.131
fixed it. I noted that when trying to find a satellite fix, the UTC time on the
satellite display reset to 00:00:00 on boot - with 7.131 it showed
the correct time again.

Currently running: App 7.131, GPS 1.21, Map 675.1409

Have you tried a hard reset? Perhaps there's some temporary data that
needs clearing?

How did you rollback to the previous firmware? Did you restore manually from a backup? Did you have to reinstall the old version of the desktop TomTom Home software?

I find it interesting that some people only recently (past week or so) had an issue as I've had an issue once Navcore 7 was installed.

I had the old firmwire still in my HOME folder and I installed over the new firmwire.

to nextourer:
Suntime was developed for TT(1) with navcore6.xx
Somehow it still works with navcore7.xx (witch is god), but I think that the autostart of suntime interfear the satelite fixation (slows it down).
So now i start suntime manualy, if I drive long.
ohh ok. I'll give that a shot. Thx!

This update seems to be a winner for me so far! I tried 3 separate times and it got a lock within 15 seconds! Read the other thread too zerimar.. thanks!

Ask a Question