Questions about Trapster and PhantomALERT

TomTom Model(s)
Sony XNV-660BT
Hi there,

I have a SONY XNV660BT installed in my dash which is also a TomTom navi.

I'm interested in Phantom Alert and Trapster on the device. Has anyone had experience with either of these files?
I installed Phantom Alert and it only shows the standard red squares on my device but does not show icons such as police or speed cameras at all. It's very frustrating. :rant:
Their customer service is a joke too.

Trapster provides files but only "Known Law Enforcement points".

Are there (if any) REAL-TIME updated police speed trap software you can install on your TomTom that are reliable that anyone uses here?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Something from HERE might work for you. Not sure however if it is real-time you want.

Not sure how you could get "real time" data to your dash unless you have come across a "Live" unit. I wasn't aware that any of the Sony units for the North American market (including Canada) were configured with GPRS modems. Since our cellular system isn't on the same freqs as those in Europe, the hardware is slightly different.

Just curious, does your serial number begin with DJ or DH ???

For those stand-alone units in North America with Live capability, TomTom's server provides fresh 'safety' camera data over the air on a regular basis. While the guys in the UK gripe about the quality, it seems we get most of them covered here in the U.S. As far as roving speed traps go, none of the GPS units here in N.A. support that. Service like Phantom Alert require that you download their POI list to your device regularly to stay up to date ... nothing in 'real time'. Their cell phone version might provide more timely data ... haven't tried it.

Ask a Question